Public Aid Organization –PAO; is a non-governmental, independent, non-profit and public utility organization. It works according to its humanitarian values in order to improve and settle the principles of human rights, establishing a developed civil society. This will be done by carrying out the developing and permanent programs and projects as it is guided by the United Nations’ declaration concerning the third millennium. PAO established in 1992 well rooted and present with offices in all Iraq.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The project manager will work closely and under supervision with Director of Programs to implement the project activities of GBV& Child Protection in Sala Din governorate.
- Lead responsibility for programmatic, technical and administrative management of the program including planning, implementation, quality assurance, monitoring and documentation of results.
- Provide strategic direction and technical advice on program development and implementation with a focus on the protection and empowerment of vulnerable groups.
- Oversee program planning and implementation to ensure program goals, objectives and targets are met, undertaking course correction as appropriate.
- Develop work plans, oversee implementation and track progress.
- Supervise, train and build capacity of program staff.
- Identify capacity building needs and devise development plans for all staff members.
- Conduct appraisals and provide regular, constructive feedback to staff members.
- Ensure that program procurement is in line with PAO’s policies and donor regulations.
- Oversee program budget to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Conduct regular budget monitoring to ensure program spending is on track.
- Working closely with other management personnel and the CP Technical Unit, ensure implementation of effective strategies to provide high quality, comprehensive protection and CP services.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Degree in social work, psychology, international development or other related field desired; Master’s Degree, a plus.
- At least five years of NGO senior program management experience in international settings including project design, implementation, budget management, staff management, and M&E.
- At least three years of experience implementing GBV& CP programming.
- Experience implementing large donor-funded international development and/or humanitarian assistance programs.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- High standard of spoken and written English, with Arabic a plus.
- Good computer skills.
The position will be based in Sala Din governorate.
How to apply
Please send your relevant diplomas, CV with a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this position in English to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write the title of the position.
Deadline: 20/06/2020, at 4pm. Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.