Public Aid Organization announces an opportunity to job seekers in Kirkuk province, the position is a Project officer
Please indicate on the subject of the email the title of the position you are applying. In case not writing the title, the email will be neglected.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The project officer will work closely and under supervision with Director of Programs to implement the project activities of Child Protection in collaboration with partner team in Rahimawa-Kirkuk.
- Lead responsibility for programmatic, technical and administrative management of the program including planning, implementation, quality assurance, monitoring and documentation of results.
- Provide strategic direction and technical advice on program development and implementation with a focus on the protection and empowerment of vulnerable groups.
- Oversee program planning and implementation to ensure program goals, objectives and targets are met, undertaking course correction as appropriate.
- Develop work plans, oversee implementation and track progress.
- Supervise, train and build capacity of program staff.
- Identify capacity building needs and devise development plans for all staff members.
- Conduct appraisals and provide regular, constructive feedback to staff members.
- Ensure that program procurement is in line with PAO’s policies and donor regulations.
- Oversee program budget to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Conduct regular budget monitoring to ensure program spending is on track.
- Working closely with other management personnel and the CP Technical Unit, ensure implementation of effective strategies to provide high quality, comprehensive protection and CP services.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Degree in social work, psychology, international development or other related field desired; Master’s Degree, a plus.
- At least five years of NGO senior program management experience in international settings including project design, implementation, budget management, staff management, and M&E.
- At least three years of experience implementing CP programming.
- Experience implementing large donor-funded international development and/or humanitarian assistance programs.
- Experience in Iraq and/or Kurdistan Region a plus.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- High standard of spoken and written English, with Arabic and/or Kurdish a plus.
- Good computer skills.
The position will be based in Kikuk
How to apply
Please send your relevant diplomas, CV with a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this position in English firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write the title of the position.
Deadline: October 10, at 4pm. Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.