Public Aid Organization –PAO; is a non-governmental, independent, non-profit and public utility organization. It works according to its humanitarian values in order to improve and settle the principles of human rights, establishing a developed civil society. This will be done by carrying out the developing and permanent programs and projects as it is guided by the United Nations’ declaration concerning the third millennium. PAO established in 1992 well rooted and present with offices in all Iraq.
Roles and responsibilities
- Conduct specific child-focused PSS activities for psychosocial well-being and building resiliency for students by ensuring a variety of activities that include games, sports, expressive/creative activities, life skills educational activities.
- Collecting data on focus schools in the project.
- Assist the team in distributing school and student kits.
- Continuous monitoring of the registration of vulnerable students and follow-up of attendance records and follow up the daily attendance record.
- Participate in different forms of community-based assessments to identify people of concerns or those at risk, when required by the Project Coordinator or the Program Manager.
- Monitor the student’s attendance in the focused schools.
- Follow up teacher’s mentoring.
- With the support and advice of the line manager, provide tailored psychosocial support services at the individual, family and community levels;
- Ensure close follow-up of the participants in identifying the improvement done and the barriers faced-by the individuals and/or his/her caregivers in the rehabilitation process.
- Participate in the daily and weekly reporting (both qualitative and quantitative) of activities in filling specific tools (assessment form, follow up form, referral form, discharge and monitoring forms) provided by the Field Coordinator. Provide any other reports requested by the line manager.
- Be pro-active in the organization of the weekly planning of activities and movements in the field.
-University degree/ Diploma in psychosocial support or humanitarian related field.
-Languages: Arabic mandatory (oral and written), English is advantage.
-Minimum of 2 years’ relevant professional experience.
-Previous experience with international or local NGOs.
The position will be based in Anbar office.
How to apply
Please send your relevant diplomas, CV with a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this position in English to email@example.com
Deadline December 20, at 4pm. Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.