Public Aid Organization –PAO; is a non-governmental, independent, non-profit and public utility organization. It works according to its humanitarian values in order to improve and settle the principles of human rights, establishing a developed civil society. This will be done by carrying out the developing and permanent programs and projects as it is guided by the United Nations’ declaration concerning the third millennium. PAO established in 1992 well rooted and present with offices in all Iraq.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The case worker will work closely and under supervision with Director of Programs to implement the project activities of GBV& Child Protection in Bagee, Shirqat and Tuz in Sala Al-Din.
- Identify, assess, document, refer (to relevant services) and follow-up of at-risk GBV and families,
- Provide information and advice on existing social services and how to access them.
- Work as a member of a team ensuring fluid communication of relevant information in order to make sure that a proper management of the case is preserved.
- Work in close collaboration with the community mobilisers to strengthen our relationship with the community and to strengthen the referral system.
- Work with communities and specifically the child protection committees to identify and manage child protection cases within the community
- Facilitate, collect and report information regarding the overall situation of GBV protection risks.
- Submit reports weekly reports concerning implemented outreach activities and cases and participate in weekly case conferences
- Maintain files, registers, computer databases and records in paper or electronic format based on principle of confidentiality
- Ensure a child centered approach and always act in the best interests of the child.
- Keep proper records of field expenditures when appropriate and report on these to the
Director of Programs.
- Provide and undertake different trainings under project activities to community-based staff, local actors, protection actors and CP actors.
- Develop ideas and participate in undertaking different child protection campaigns in the area of implementation
- Implement all GBV activities required.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- University degree and at least one year relevant area work experience.
- Strong English as well as strong / Arabic skills, written and spoken.
Bagee, Shirqat and Tuz in Sala Al-Din.
How to apply
Please send your relevant diplomas, CV with a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this position in English to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com
Please write the title of the position.
Deadline: 20/06/2020, at 4pm. Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.